General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Accident in CETA...what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey; you weren't hurt be glad for that. This is the exact reason why i bought a beater to drive around in!

Hope everything works out for you man; awesome car!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Sorry for the delay, Im a real ******* for not putting them up last night I know. Here they are. Its really surprising that there was not more damage and I am truly counting my blessings for a) not being hurt and b) not having more damage to the car. It doesn't look like much from the pictures I guess, but the estimator at the Ponti dealer was freakin' me out a little bit.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That doesn't look awful. The only thing that sucks is that, from my understanding, the rear quarters are a bitch to replace. Still, it's highly unlikely that you totalled that car. Not even close, CETA's are worth a pretty penny, and you've got MAYBE $5k worth of damage there, i'd think.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 09CPTN
That doesn't look awful. The only thing that sucks is that, from my understanding, the rear quarters are a bitch to replace. Still, it's highly unlikely that you totalled that car. Not even close, CETA's are worth a pretty penny, and you've got MAYBE $5k worth of damage there, i'd think.
Yeah, its not too bad after looking at it a second time around. I guess since I crashed on a gloomy rainy day to begin with, everything seemed a lot worse, ha. I never thought it was totaled, but the estimator dude was talkin like the suspension and rear wheel and yadda yadda blah blah were all muffed up......even though I drove it home, and then to the dealer with no handling problems or drifting towards one particular side.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Whereabouts in Va are you, anyhow?
Old 05-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Teching In

the quarter panel has to be replaced, if someone were to take their time, it could be repaired, but its not cost effective for the shop. The fender has to replaced b/c yes, they can repair the fiberglass, but its difficult to preserve it for the long run and they dont want you to bring it back and have them keep repairing it, so they replace that too. Bumper, is fine, just sand down the scuff, scuff everything else up, and spray. A lot of blending with be needed, and honestly, locating those graphics will not be an issue. I would've recomended going to a smaller shop and dealerships are more expensive, but dealerships also want everything out the door faster then you can blink, and smaller shops are more likely to take more time to do it right the first time. Make sure you look everything over and its to perfection before you drive it off their lot. Point out any bubble in the graphics, any minor defect in the paint, panel alignments, color matching on the panels, no overspray on adjacent panels etc. good luck. i know its nerve racking, but hang in there!
Old 05-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Bones87;9390917]I didnt mean to give the impression that I am giving up on my car....i LOVE my car, but I have never been in an accident before so this is a new thing for me. My dad was pushing for me to just fix&sell it, but I really don't want to do that. Pix will be coming tomorrow when daylight comes.QUOTE]

I just hit a deer with my car (doing 75mp).... over 6 grand in damage (oh and I got my car repainted two weeks ago!!)... my dad told me to fix it and sell it too... i'm a 21 year old girl with a hot car... He just wants me to get rid of the damn thing I think... haha.

But on a serious note. At least you're okay!! that's the important thing

Last edited by jay_dub87; 05-20-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=jay_dub87;9402692]
Originally Posted by Bones87
I didnt mean to give the impression that I am giving up on my car....i LOVE my car, but I have never been in an accident before so this is a new thing for me. My dad was pushing for me to just fix&sell it, but I really don't want to do that. Pix will be coming tomorrow when daylight comes.QUOTE]

I just hit a deer with my car (doing 75mp).... over 6 grand in damage (oh and I got my car repainted two weeks ago!!)... my dad told me to fix it and sell it too... i'm a 21 year old girl with a hot car... He just wants me to get rid of the damn thing I think... haha.

But on a serious note. At least you're okay!! that's the important thing

Good luck girl
Haha sounds exactly like what my dad was thinking...except Im not a girl.

09CPTN -- I'm in Newport News right now, but I'll be heading back to Richmond in the fall for my Senior year at VCU.

I am going to take a real hard look up and down my car to make sure it is all to perfection. I asked them on a side note to fix the drivers window and look at the front left brake as well since about 2 months ago the bolts came out of the caliper & bracket while i was driving, and the caliper fell loose from holding the brake pad in place and scraped against the wheel well (I know, wtf right?).

On the upside, I am definitely going to need a new set of wheels like Ive said already earlier. Now I just need to get the money.....::shrug::
Old 05-20-2008, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Insurance companies usually only want to pay for aftermarket parts I believe. Make sure they use GM ones. I saw a guy at a body shop on my route bitchen bout his car panels not lining up right and the shop tech was explaining to him since they're aftermarket parts they cant line em up right. Customer was pissed but basically sol.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Launching!

How do I do that? Call them up and tell them to use only GM panels?
Old 05-20-2008, 06:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd go down there and make sure myself.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btw i wanted to ask, how are the grip on those tires in the rear? do they grip good? i was looking to buy the same tires!
Old 05-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Man, seeing those pics makes me really want to get a beater for my daily driver instead of the ceta. I hope everything works out ok for you.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm in NN too.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ae13291
btw i wanted to ask, how are the grip on those tires in the rear? do they grip good? i was looking to buy the same tires!
To be honest I do not know, I dont have anything to compare them to they are the 1st and only set of tires that have been on the CETA under my ownership.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:22 AM
Banned

hey. what do you want for the 3 other rims. might be able to help you out with this whole. "i wanted to get new rims anyways"
Old 05-21-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a complete tail clip for a convertible ta, and rh fender.

-Ryan
Old 05-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
hey. what do you want for the 3 other rims. might be able to help you out with this whole. "i wanted to get new rims anyways"
Sent you a PM.

Originally Posted by Formulized94
I have a complete tail clip for a convertible ta, and rh fender.

-Ryan
Body Shop should be taking care of everything and my deductible will be my only payment. In the event I will need those parts to be payed out of my own pocket, I'm coming straight to you. Thanks man!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Launching!

BodyShop today called and left me a voicemail today. They told me the total damage was $6,600....I laughed when I heard it. I also told the estimator to make sure to use only GM parts and not aftermarket and he pulled a "well, I cannot guarantee that." They also said expected time of completion would be June 4th....ugh.

Do I just call my insurance now and tell them that the damage has been calculated and then stroke them a check for the deductible payment?
Old 05-21-2008, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

If you want to be different when you get it fixed, don't put the side stripes on. The 1st thing I did when I bought mine was take them off with a heat gun, the car looks badass with the stripes removed.

Quick Reply: Accident in CETA...what to do?