General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Can C5 Vette Headers be made to fit an LS1 F-Body?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^true enough. But headers i think play one of the biggest differences, if both the camaro and corvette had true duals. I think that an f-body with vette headers, catless x pipes and corsa mufflers from a c6 would sound pretty damn unique and close to a c5 vette, wouldnt you agree?
Old 06-13-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

It would sound unique and get you close. If all of the measurements were similar. You could measure the length of the C5 headers and specs, then have a set of headers custom made for an F-body to get as close as possible to those measurements and still fit. Then build your x as close as possible with a set of "vette" mufflers of your choosing. If you are willing to put the time and money into it, you can get a vette like sound. I think someone should do it, the question has been around for years.

I had TDs on my T/A. It was a TSP X with single chambers. It had the bad *** old school muscle sound. My Z06 sounds totally different. But I love them both.

Last edited by WhosNXT; 06-13-2008 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

i know exactly what u mean, TDs on a f-body and vette sound totally different. Maybe when i get some extra money i will call kooks up and see if they can make me a set or just try and see how a vette header mates up to an f-bod
Old 01-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Teching In

ttt! Has anyone done this yet? I have a set of B&B longtubes I got for free off a c5 corvette. I want to know if I can bolt them up!?
Old 01-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Teching In

guess not....

Quick Reply: Can C5 Vette Headers be made to fit an LS1 F-Body?