General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Parting out ... where to stop?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 05:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Parting out ... where to stop?????

The motor, tranny, and exhaust will come out of my 1999 Trans Am on Saturday. This will leave the roller with Strange 12-bolt and full interior for sale.

However, I am not sure if I should pull out and sell other stuff like the interior, radiator, AC, PCM, Racetronix fuel pump w/harness, etc.

So, one question is: If you were parting you car our, would you pull these things out and then sell the roller or would you leave them in?

The other question is: If you were buying a roller, would you want these parts included, or, would you not?

Old 06-05-2008, 05:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you do decide to part I want that Level 5 transmission of yours...

PM Me your asking price, I have a 4l60E with a HD-2 shift kit and billet accumulators in it I could trade to you if your looking to put the car back to stock
Old 06-05-2008, 06:15 AM
TECH Addict

I would leave interior and exterior. If I was looking for something to throw a roller in, I wouldn't want a trans am that has nothing on it the symbolizes a trans am. If that was the case, I would buy some rusted out fox body. IMO I would leave the car looking like it is and sell the drive train.

Why are you parting out anyways?
Old 06-05-2008, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
I would leave interior and exterior. If I was looking for something to throw a roller in, I wouldn't want a trans am that has nothing on it the symbolizes a trans am. If that was the case, I would buy some rusted out fox body. IMO I would leave the car looking like it is and sell the drive train.

Why are you parting out anyways?
Thanks man. I'm trying to get out of debt and build a faster car. This one has lots of good memories, however, I didn't know what I was doing as I modded and upgraded it and spent over $40k ... 3 complete exhaust changes, etc.. Need it gone to build an all-out drag racer and pay bills..
Old 06-05-2008, 04:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd only sell the drive train if you can. You'll be able to sell it quicker with most everything still in tact and you won't have to worry about the headache of taking all the parts off, listing them, answering alot of stupid questions, shipping them, and being stuck with leftover parts that you'll never use.

JMO though, when you need cash you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd sell it as a roller, only sell the motor and trans, exhaust, keep the interior and look to sell it as a drag roller, selling it piece by piece is a hassle and you'll spend a lot in gas and money to ship **** and it really sucks, I threw a lot of stuff in the trash just because I didn't want to deal with it lol. Make sure to get the freight calculated first, freight is high right now, selling local is always best.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Thanks man. I'm trying to get out of debt and build a faster car. This one has lots of good memories, however, I didn't know what I was doing as I modded and upgraded it and spent over $40k ... 3 complete exhaust changes, etc.. Need it gone to build an all-out drag racer and pay bills..
You got it backwards... pay the bills first and get settled and steady on your feet not having to worry about next months bills...THEN build that all-out drag car!!!