General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

HELP! steering column problems! wheel really loose!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation HELP! steering column problems! wheel really loose!

alright well i just got done finishing up putting my ignition switch in after replacing my lock cylinder also... and i just started putting things all back together and now i think i have a bigger problem... first of all, the inner race cover deal that is behind the big spring on my steering shaft is all sorts of bent up and wont go back on... so now i cant get my cancel cam and that shaft to compress far enough to put that ring back on to keep the deal that catches the steering wheel lock button... so i tried putting it back together without that race cover on just to see if the lock would compress far enough to get that ring on there and it went fairly easy... but the wheel has a crazy amount of play in it... like the actual steering shaft also has a bunch of play in it as well... and i didn't actually fully remove the column; i just unbolted it under the dash far enough to be able to reach inside to change the switch... so if anyone has any suggestions of what to do please let me know!!!! i'm getting really pissed off at my car for being a pile of ****... and its gettin really old lol... so please just tell me whats wrong lol