General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Just got rid of truck, looking for LS1!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got rid of truck, looking for LS1!

Hey guys. I'm new here to this forum but have been an F-body fan since I was a kid and now is my opportunity. I was working as a cable installation supervisor so I needed a truck and I had my 99 Chevy 2500 with the 6.0 LQ4. I got injured on the job and won't be returning to it, so I turned in the truck (workers comp doesn't count my monthly bonus as salary so I'm losing a lot of money). But once I get to where I can drive again, I'm getting my LS1 that I've been wanting for years! I'd love an SS or TA for the looks, but I'll take a Z/28. I want an M6, but have to wait and find out if I'll be able to use my right foot enough (got some nerve damage). It'll be a few months before I finally get one, but I can't wait. I don't plan on getting a low mileage car due to price, but what kind of mileage should I stay away from? I know my LS based LQ4 ran like a champ even at 225000 miles so I'm guessing the LS1 should be fine if it was taken care of. Sorry about the long post, just excited that I'm finally going to be able to get my F-body!