General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

T56 Skip Shift Solenoid Delete Plug..

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 207 Likes on 160 Posts

Default T56 Skip Shift Solenoid Delete Plug..

This is something I kinda engineered based on a little research..thanks to Amber as Six Speeds Inc for the CAGS Solenoid pics BTW.

I found that the Thread Pattern for the CAGS Solenoid was M20X1.5mm..found out as well that thread can be found as an Oil Drain Plug that is currently on the shelf at the local Orielly's. The Vehicle that uses that particular Drain Plug is a 1983-1986 Plymouth Horizon, 1.6l 4 Cyl.

After getting the pics of the Solenoid I found that the Threads were alot deeper than the Drain Plug. The biggest part that was holding up the Plug from going deeper was the Flange on it. I took out the good 'ole Dremel and took care of that. A little RTV and some Teflon Tape, I should be good to go. It's going to go in deep too..so hopefully it will seal itself with the part that I ground off..

Skip Shift (CAGS) Solenoid..

Oil Drain Plug with Flange ground off..

I figure this will look better on the side of the T56 than the un-used Solenoid..
Old 07-28-2008, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah but how many people are going to look underneath at that particular spot?
Old 07-28-2008, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 207 Likes on 160 Posts

I just like knowing that I don't have a big useless chunk of **** there.. kinda OCD I guess..lol
Old 07-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
I just like knowing that I don't have a big useless chunk of **** there.. kinda OCD I guess..lol
I know, right! I'm annoyed that I have stock wiring from my monsoon system.. i ran all new wires. I can't see them, but I know they are there.

Quick Reply: T56 Skip Shift Solenoid Delete Plug..