General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Wiper blade problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wiper blade problems

I hardly ever drive my car in the rain just the other day I got caught in a nice size storm here in P-Cola. I finally used the wiper blades on the car. There is a certian spot on both sides of the glass were the wiper blade don't clean. I went ahead and replaced the wipers with new ones to see if that would fix the problem.NOPE stil there. Mainly in the middle of the glass for the passenger side arm and the left part of the glass for the drive side. Is this a common problem area for our cars? If so, what can be done to fix it. I can't put the flexable wipers that come on newer car cause of the clip fro connecting the blades is up side down. I don't want to hear drive faster the rain just sheets off I know this!!! Can any one help? I did a search and found nothing really that I was looking for. One person said that the LT1 and Ls1 arms are the same, but in another most somebodies WS6 has the right arm and has the flexible wipers.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a problem similar to this once, i just kinda slightly bent the blade and it worked fine. dont know if this will help you tho.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:21 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah I want to do it more one the right way. Not wanting to bend anything, wanting to really know if this a problem that can be fixed with swapping to a new style. Or the road I was going to go is, cutting the blade and weld the hook part facing downward.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:43 PM
12 Second Club

Maybe your wiper arms/springs are worn out/bent. Take a look at those as well.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Lt1 cars have there own wipers. The anco part# is 22-24. Im not sure if the wipers you bought were specifically for the 93-97 camaro. Which brand did you buy and what was the part#. I manage an auto parts store and double checked this in the book. The 98 and up f-bodys use a standard 31-24 anco. Thanks, Joe
Old 07-31-2008, 08:07 AM
10 Second Club

Well I use the Michieln wiper blades. Two 22inch wiper blades. Seeing that there is two different number for the two different f-bodies I am still wondering If if can swap to the 98-02 wiper arms and go with the windshiled hugging blades.