General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Throttle Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Throttle Problems

Alright well as i posted before while porting my throttle body i ended up taking too much around the blade, making it idle funny and what not. So i just bought a new TB off a member on here, un touched and the idle problems are gone. But one thing i did notice is now my gas pedal is stuck back and the floor gets in the way not allowing me to push it all the way down. The throttle linkage is good, unless it was just a coincident for something to break inside by the pedal.
I also took it down to Auto Zone to have the SES light erased and it stayed off for awhile and now is back on again. What do you guys think?
Old 08-05-2008, 11:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Unfixable! It's time to sell your car... to me.
You might want to check the tension on the throttle cable.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the tension is fine..and when you go inside the car and manually pull the pedal back to where it should be it gives it slack by the TB...makes no since to me.

also, i figured out the horrible sound in my rear end is the panhard bar. it did this with the stock one, so i bought a new UMI ADJ one thinking it would fix it, well it still does it. So i took it out completely and the sound is gone. But body roll is a bitch so ihave to keep it on. Anyone have any ideas? Makes no since to me...

my mirror also broke...damn piece of ****! i will sell it to you..fix these little things and it's a beautiful car.

Last edited by slikrider20; 08-06-2008 at 04:46 PM.