General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Ok, so I DID get my license, lol...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, so I DID get my license, lol...

Ok, so I didn't want to bump up my previous thread but I took the test and failed because of my hand position and I overreacted and was a dick towards the guy and I want to apologize for acting like a baby and being immature in that thread.

Anyways, I took it a week later and I had my license for the past 2 weeks. In those 2 weeks, my parents trust me now to drive alone and know that I'm not going to do anything stupid.

So I'm looking into buying a car, probably a V-6 because I can't afford a V-8 really and insurance too for an 8 cyclinder. I'm hoping to pay for my insurance too which is what is really holding me back, lol.

For now, I'm driving a 95' Nissan Sentra. 19.0 sec 1/4 mile

I really just want a car that I paid for and insurance so I can actually say it's MY car and have pride in it.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:01 AM
12 Second Club

where did you go to for the test? Eatontown?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:10 AM
Teching In

Right on man, I was in that position a year ago, driving a 91 VW POS. Now im 17 and I got my own 02 SS. It took alot of work and stayin out of trouble but its my pride and joy.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by razorclaw99
where did you go to for the test? Eatontown?
Lodi, North Jersey

Originally Posted by PotatoeMasher
Right on man, I was in that position a year ago, driving a 91 VW POS. Now im 17 and I got my own 02 SS. It took alot of work and stayin out of trouble but its my pride and joy.
Yeah, that's what I want. Something I paid and worked for that I can actually call my own. The car itself I can pay for if I find a good deal, but it's the insurance I'm thinking about and how much it's going to cost me.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Glad you got it. Be safe...
Old 08-06-2008, 02:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the best part is that your paying for everything yourself. It sucks watching friends get whatever they want but in my mind it's not their car its their parents. My insurance rate is crazy but I got the car I want and I own it, just can't afford food. lol
Old 08-06-2008, 02:50 AM
Staging Lane

^^^ Have to totally agree with ya there. Seems like everyone is getting their **** handed to them. I take pride in paying for absolutely everything I want or need. Well unless its my buddies turn to buy drinks.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats man, yeah my first car was a import as weel i had a 1991 240sx could drift it like a **** tho for a first car it wasent to bad espically since drifting became a hit right after i go it, but yeah i have had 2 cars so far and have bought them and paid for insurance myself only thing i had help with is when i moved to TX i had no job so my parents paid 3 months of insurance so instead of paying them back i just told them to have that be my birthday present, It nice to be giving stuff your whole life but im pretty sure if you did a poll people (kid) who bought there cars themselves are prbly in better condition now than the kids who dident. Congrats man and hey im 21 and im getting my first LS1 thanks to the war in IRAQ lol love that combat pay lol (im in the Marines).
Old 08-06-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trav's_TransAm
^^^ Have to totally agree with ya there. Seems like everyone is getting their **** handed to them. I take pride in paying for absolutely everything I want or need. Well unless its my buddies turn to buy drinks.
I was pretty greatful when my parents bought me my first car. It would have been nice to have the satisfaction of paying for it myself, but i think i enjoyed driving a nice car more.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Hell I got my t/a recently. I had a 00' v6 but got rear ended by an 18 wheeler. I think I deserve my car lol
Old 08-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Launching!

My mom cosigned the loan for my TA, makes the payments wayyy lower than they normally would be for someone without credit and it helps me build my own.