General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help!!! T/a In Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 04:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

flash tune gone wrong by somebody who doesn't know wtf they are doing? just a thought...
Old 10-22-2008, 01:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

well i had the exhaust leak fixed, the pipe was cracked all the way around, right in front of the driver side cat. fixed all but the lean problems...im in contact with the dealer to get me a new maf
Old 10-22-2008, 02:23 AM
Launching!

Hey, saw you're in AZ and sent ya a PM
Old 10-22-2008, 08:04 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ghardester
See if there is anything there. I had a V-6 with a chip module plugged in there. If you have the LS1 it doesn't belong there. Maybe someone's an idiot.
I think its clear that there is at least one idiot in this story.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow. Hope your issues get cleared up. Sounds like you're on the right track to recovery
Old 10-24-2008, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

well to sum it up, the dealer is gonna buy me a new maf, they're sending a check. I got the exhst fixed and welded as best the shop could, i still have a leak on the top part of the exhaust pipe on the driver's side in front of the cat going to the manifold. I was told to use exhaust concrete which ill try next week. Im also getting a one year warranty for the car too to be safe. I also have an 80mm tb on the car im thinking about trading for a stock one. so if anyone's intrested and local...
Old 10-30-2008, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LWCS561
well to sum it up, the dealer is gonna buy me a new maf, they're sending a check. I got the exhst fixed and welded as best the shop could, i still have a leak on the top part of the exhaust pipe on the driver's side in front of the cat going to the manifold. I was told to use exhaust concrete which ill try next week. Im also getting a one year warranty for the car too to be safe. I also have an 80mm tb on the car im thinking about trading for a stock one. so if anyone's intrested and local...
Stop...ok first the shop couldnt seal the pipe all the way? then they suck, ok ur in peoria, go to bell rd and go by all the dealerships take your first left and the is a small welding shop in that business park. Next get ahold of NicD he is on here or get a hold of him through AZPS(AZ power and sound), he will take care of all your programing needs and give you alot of good advice(he is an absoulte genius and his GTO is badass). I ran my TA down there for 2 years and had a turbo system and had to tackle problems just like yours. PM if you need more help.

Quick Reply: Help!!! T/a In Trouble