General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Bent Frame ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 06:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bent Frame ???

Ok, I screwed up I think......I just picked up a 93Z and I knew it had been bumped in the back but not this bad.... The right rear rail is bent and pushed forward about an inch and down about about 1/2 inch. The suspension seems fine, no unusual wear on the tires, doors hatch close fine and the qtrs. do no look buckled up. I was surprised on how this the frame metal was. The actual bend is about 12" back from the rear bumper.

I didnt notice this until after I bought it. I really like the car and its a fun project for a change.

Anyone have one torn up like this and were able to put it on a frame machine to straighten out? One guy told me he hit a pole and they were able to fix his.

Also, what is the going rate to put one on a machine....the qtrs have a couple of dings I wanted to fix but I dont want my body/paint job messed up.

Thanks!
Mike
Old 10-27-2008, 07:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had been rear ended and it buckled my right quarter so bad the door wouldn't shut unless you slamed it. They put it on a frame machine and stretched it back out but the door still doesn't shut quite right. It is good enough though and really unless you were feeling for it you can't tell that the door doesn't shut right. For the best I can tell they charged me 2 hours of labor and a $90 set up fee for the frame work.

Quick Reply: Bent Frame ???