General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Does anyone know what tool is required to change a fuel filter in an 03 Ford Ranger

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Does anyone know what tool is required to change a fuel filter in an 03 Ford Ranger

I'm trying to change the fuel filter in my beater and these stupid quick connects that ford used are a FPITA! I've tried all kinds of tools and none of them work.
Does anyone know what kind of tool I need?
A picture, link, or brand/pn would be ideal. There's a million different fuel line tools and I've bought half of them already and none work. I REFUSE to take it to a dealer or mechanic to change a f'n fuel filter. I have no idea why they couldn't put the regular style quick connects like gm uses. Aside from the 9" and 8.8" rears, Ford has the most retarded, backward *** ways of engineering things!
Thanks.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Teching In

do you have a pic? ill look on alldata for you...
Old 11-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Banned

look for fuel line quick disconnect tool, it should be a little plastic till that goes inside the grooved area
Old 11-03-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

It's a little tool about 4 inches long, when open it's X shaped. Different size on each end. Fits over the gas line and you push it in and releases the connector.

I tried to get a picture up, but I just up-graded security and one of the setting isn't letting me do it. No more time to waste, got chores. Sorry. NAPA auto parts or any decent parts store will have one.