General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window Guide

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Guide

I have a 98 camaro z28. My drivers side window started going up at a funny angle the other day. I pulled the panel off and found that one of the wheel guides that rides in the track had completly pulled out of the bracket. Theres a bracket that holds the bottom of the glass at the rear of the window. A wheel sticks out of that bracket and rides on a track. The wheel pulled out of the metal. Anyone know where to get a new wheel, preferably one that has a bolt on the back of it. Otherwise I have to replace the whole bracket and it does not come of the window easily. Thanks for any help.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:55 PM
Teching In

I have the same problem with my '98's driver window. There is no replacement wheel. It is riveted on and when it pulled free it more than likely tore the metal apart. That is what happened on mine anyway. I have searched for other fixes but the only proper way to handle the issue is to replace that whole track assembly and it's not entertaining.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:25 AM
wrencher

Yup get a new regulator assembly for that window. The 12625875 is the driver's horizontial window channel. You'll need that as well.
No real servicable parts available seperately.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

I assume this is related to your problem: https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...w-related.html

If so, there is some discussion above on alternatives to replacing the bracket.