General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Heat/Ac Blower shooting air into the engine bay???

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat/Ac Blower shooting air into the engine bay???

Ive been troubleshooting the heater in my 94 Camaro. Ive replaced the core, the heater lines and checked the hoses. The heater core gets hot, the hoses are hot, everything is working fine in those areas. I pulled the kickpanel on the passenger side and checked the blend door and its working fine too. I pulled out the ole chiltons manual and it said in bold letters please be sure the insulation is in place. Well that was part of my problem, so I put insulation around all four sides of the core and around where the hoses go out into the firewall. Im getting more heat, but not the full potential. Some how air is escaping out into the engine bay. If I turn the fan on full blast you can feel air shooting out the area where the heater hoses are in the engine bay. The air shoots out into the engine bay regardless if I have the heat or AC on. I checked my 98 firebird for a refrence and no air shoots out by the heater hoses on it, so I know something is wrong. Any body had this problem? Thanks.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

The little foam piece around the Heater Core Lines probably deteriorated..

I have to mess with mine, it has barely any heat at all when it blows out. I have to mess with the ducting.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
The little foam piece around the Heater Core Lines probably deteriorated..

I have to mess with mine, it has barely any heat at all when it blows out. I have to mess with the ducting.
Yea when I changed the core it was pretty much gone. I shoved some foam insulation in there, and it helped a lil bit, but not enough. Just wondered if something shifted or maybe there was another door or piece that i wasnt seeing.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Possible. When I put mine all in, I stuffed a couple of sponges up there to help it.