General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Turn lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turn lights

Well simply my turning lights don't work when I try to use them with the left and right lever. Nothing lights up on the gauge panel or the exterior lights. They all work fine when I use the hazards though.
I tried putting in a new fuse in the #2 TURN B/U slot, but that did nothing. That is about the limit of my car knowledge sadly enough. Any other easy checks for potential fixes without spending more than a few dollars?
Been like this for a while now, and I've grown tired of looking like an *** at uncontrolled left turns and changing lanes on the busy cali freeways.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turn signal flasher maybe,although when those fail they usually still display the lights,but solid and don't blink.It's like a $5 part so it's worth a try.

I am not 100% sure about your 01,but on my 95 the turn signal flasher will be under the steering wheel/column,on the right side of the column,kind of behind the radio area.

Remove the panel under the steering wheel (just a couple screws).You should be able to reach it and swap it out.It will be a cylinder looking object with a 2 prong connector.Not to be confused with the hazard flasher,which will be on the left side of the steering column.

If that doesn't work then check all your outside bulbs.One of those going out have been known to cause turn signal gremlins on these cars.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:06 AM
Launching!

so your hazards work fine? but no directionals... hmmm you replaced the fuse but nothing... i'd say something in the steering column lever... i wouldn't know how to check but that would be a start if it was me...

Anyone know how to check the lever?
Old 11-26-2008, 03:19 PM
TECH Resident

https://ls1tech.com/forums/7096618-post7.html

Try this sticky.... sounds like its the flasher....its about $8 bucks at auto zone. It's under the steering wheel on the right side. U have to remove the kick panel , you wont see it just the clip that it's on.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Resident

http://www.autozone.com/addVehicleId...leSelected.htm
Old 11-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Cool, thanks for the help. Will see if I can identify all that stuff tomorrow since I don't have work and anywhere to go.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:17 AM
Teching In

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Formula Freak
Turn signal flasher maybe,although when those fail they usually still display the lights,but solid and don't blink.It's like a $5 part so it's worth a try.

I am not 100% sure about your 01,but on my 95 the turn signal flasher will be under the steering wheel/column,on the right side of the column,kind of behind the radio area.

Remove the panel under the steering wheel (just a couple screws).You should be able to reach it and swap it out.It will be a cylinder looking object with a 2 prong connector.Not to be confused with the hazard flasher,which will be on the left side of the steering column.

If that doesn't work then check all your outside bulbs.One of those going out have been known to cause turn signal gremlins on these cars.
I have 02 t/a the fashers work fine but when I turn on left or right turn signal it will fash a couple of times normally but then it will flash really slow. My question is if all bulbs are good could this be a bad fasher or a bad ground. I'm kinda leaning towards a bad flasher unit but lnot sure. Thanks