General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help needed ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help needed ASAP

hey guys im at my buddys house his 2002 vette is parked outside and the pass. side window wont come up. the window is stuck half way.. the window regulator was bought new and is now about 2 months old. it is currently getting power but nothing is happening. has this happened to anyone? anybody know of a quick fix?

thanks

Last edited by GMade03; 11-26-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

I assume you mean that the window motor is 2 months old? If so, it could be a dud. (It has happened to me.) A lot of the motors sold in auto parts stores are rebuilt units. Or, I also got another one from a store once where someone else exchanged their bad motor for a new one and returned the package. The store then stocked it back on the shelf and tried to sell it to me as a "new" unit.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Launching!

its my buddys dads vette he told me its not the first time this has happened hes gone through a couple of regulators all brand new dealer parts and the same thing seems to keep happening after a while. his mechanic told him its common in the 02 vette i dont know if thats true or not
Old 11-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Launching!

why is he buying the regulator??? do you mean the motor??? if he's replaced the regulator over and over it's probably the motor
Old 11-27-2008, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like the motor but i'd also check the body control module. There is a circuit setup that reads the load on the motor and stops it if there is too much resistance. It is setup to protect people from getting hands and whatnot stuck in a losing battle against power windows.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

i do not know why he is changing regulators try checking on the whole entire motor that should be a problem especially with chevys the power window motors always die out same thing happened to my camaro my driver side was good but when my t top flew off while i was driving and after i got a new one my t top started leaking so the auto repair shop had to take off the door and tilt my driver side window which afterwards made my motor really weak so i bought 2 new motors and now they are fine try buying the power window motors i bet thats the problem i dont think thats normal for corvettes