General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

stalling

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default stalling

I went and had a diagnostic test done and the only thing the guy found was a lower voltage on my MAF sensor, but there isn't a code beign thrown.

The problem i have is when the temp is usually below freezing, around 25 degrees, it's hard to keep my car running before it's warm. It will start fine, rpms will go to 1500 first, then keep dropping until it's around 500 and stalls. When i keep my foot on the gas until it's warm my car is fine. I can turn it off after it warms up and let the engine get cold again, but it won't have any problems when i start it. I don't know what else to do. Could I just have a cold natured car? Or could it still be a MAF sensor?
Old 01-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car has been doing the same thing... Check engine comes on for a day then shuts off. But as before, the car sputters while cold and eventually stalls only at lights or low rpm, other then that car doesn't drive to much differently from before. It's an A4 w/ lol 238,000 miles on it... i know the car is old and is a florida car but its made it this far!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im having similar problems...and I brought the car from Texas here to Colorado cause Im in the Military..anyways So my Trans Am will crank over and run fine for like 5 to 10 seconds..then it stalls out...I got a code off the reader and it said P0100, which is the Mass Air Flow sensor, so I bought a new one...same problem now but not throwing a code anymore..so for ***** and grins I checked to see if the fuel pump was working, and I can hear it running..so I changed out the fuel filter...same problem..so tonight I just bought a Throttle position sensor, maybe that might be it..Ill find out 2mrw..its really starting to agrivate me.