General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Crazy Power Steering Leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 11:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Crazy Power Steering Leak

Okay..car recently got done with turbo kit install and goodies. PS was perfect before teardown. Had to add new pressure and return lines to rack to fit around pipping..np. Car was in the air loaded reservoir with PS fluid..turned wheels side to side until it felt loose..was tighter then normal but didn't seem too much different considering these are new lines so routing might cause it to work alittle different. These hoses are wrapped as well pressure is braided, return is rubber. Well anyhow, car was started and drove around the neighborhood and steering was slowly getting better but then started to get stiffer 5 minutes into drive time..got home, checked under the car and PS is dripping like CRAZY ...it's everywhere, now i looked at the hoses and doesn't seem to be coming from there..couldn't really tell as I couldn't get 100% under the car but it looks like from the rear of the rack. Anyone have any clue if this is major or is there something I can do to try to fix this..it leaks through the entire reservoir in probably a hour..not 1 problem before tear down..Please help its night now so hard to see/work on it but want to see if something is bad or I can do something to resolve this..thank you!