General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Will the hvac panel from a ls1 vette fit in an fbody?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 02:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Will the hvac panel from a ls1 vette fit in an fbody?

The reason I ask is because it would look nicer and its electronically controlled, but would it work in an fbody? Do I need a different bcm/pcm? Thanks
Old 12-10-2008, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

I'm thinking no, or at least not without a LOT of modification.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Anything more specific? I have a feeling a lot of people would be interested in doing this.... Is the ac controlled by the bcm or pcm? I know the vette probably uses different wiring but the compressor should be the same, so is it just a matter of changing the wiring?
Old 12-11-2008, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TireSm0ke
Anything more specific? I have a feeling a lot of people would be interested in doing this.... Is the ac controlled by the bcm or pcm? I know the vette probably uses different wiring but the compressor should be the same, so is it just a matter of changing the wiring?
The main problem I see is that the vette has climate control (so the driver and pass can choose different temperatures). I would imagine the blend doors/etc are totally different. Not even mentioning the controls.

The vette also has an outside temp reading...don't know where/how you would add an ambient temp sensor in an fbody.

Not to mention the wiring...

A/C would be run by the BCM...I doubt you could program the fbody BCM to run the corvette climate control...and I also don't know how you would put a vette BCM in there..

It just doesn't seem like it would be worth it after all the work you'd have to put into it.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a common ? on Grandprix's. The climate control will keep you from doing this. You would have to install a complex blending section to your car for each side. Good luck though. I would like to see it if you do get it to work
Old 12-13-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you mean the ducting would have to change due to the zone controls? And as far as wiring Ive looked at pictures of the unit and it has a single harness adapter behind it, so does it not utilize any of those pressure/spring loaded cables that we have? Wiring and ducting is no issue for me, I just need to find out exactly what needs to be done. And you can bet when I do there will be a write up for the rest of you guys.... If anyone has any advice let me know