General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Problem with lights / fuse please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with lights / fuse please help

I did a search and could not find anything relating to exactly what might be happening in my situation.

01 SS A4

I turned on my lights two mornings ago (it was a cold morning, colder than normal for NM) and I heard a fuse pop. The only lights working after that were my headlights. I checked my fuses and found the Courtesy Fuse was blown. I replaced it and it just pops everytime i turn my lights on. The interior and dash lights do not work either. The lights on the rearview mirror do work though.

I know that it must be a bad wire somewhere or a bad connection. I was just hoping someone could point me in the right direction of where to start looking. Any wires in specific. Maybe someone has gone throught this and can save me a little time and energy. Would it be wise for me to just have a mechanic take a look? What kind of pricetag would I be looking at for a mechanic to fix it? Thank you.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whatever you do don't put a bigger fuse in. i would defiantly go to a mechanic, because i hate working with electrical. mechanics in my area usually charge 85 an hour (Canadian dollars) .

you also might have gotten condensation in the headlights around the light bulb or inside the connector for the bulb and it could be short circuiting. good luck let us know how it goes.