General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

something wrong with my vents

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default something wrong with my vents

hey guys, heres whats goin on..

i had the heat on, and the vents blowing on the floor, i changed it to come out from the top for a second so i could warm my hand up, then put it back to the floor.. only it didnt really go back, there was still a ton of air blowing from the top vents.

when i move the **** around, i can hear the vacuum noise, and i could hear the deflectors (or whatever you call them) moving a bit, and when i set it to floor, there was some air going down there, but the majority was staying up top

whats goin on here?
Old 01-02-2009, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you checked the rear of your intake? There's a vacuum line back there, if it's not on tight, it may cause issues similar to what you're talking about. If you've swapped your intake recently or even been in the engine bay, you may want to check it.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Martin HD-28
Have you checked the rear of your intake? There's a vacuum line back there, if it's not on tight, it may cause issues similar to what you're talking about. If you've swapped your intake recently or even been in the engine bay, you may want to check it.
thanks, i havent, but i will take a look

i wasnt thinking it was a vacuum problem since if i start my car, then shut it off, i can hear the vacuum noise coming from the dash a few times before it "wears off"
Old 01-03-2009, 01:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

weird story, but it seems to have fixed itself, used the car today, and the vents were working on the floor again.. although i didnt change anything, just quickly went to floor

i think i have some magical car, every single problem i have had with it has fixed itself.. ticking lifter, vents, slipping clutch