General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

High idle after clutch disengagement.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default High idle after clutch disengagement.

Driving today, and the car wanted to start idling very high after I let it out of gear to come to a light. I would put the car into neutral, and the RPM
s would rise to 1800-2000 RPMs.

It would hold that for a few moments, and then drop to 1200 until I would put the car back into gear and drive again.

During shifting, the car would want to rise in RPM's between shifts.

The only thing I can think of is that I had just put some gas in the car. Do you think I might have gotten a bad tank?
Old 04-05-2009, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

I have the same issue, just started happening for me after an intake swap... as far as I can tell... our problems are with the IAT tables or something like that in the tune (not sure how thats possible with me having a stock tune.. but yea).
Old 04-05-2009, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xephona
I have the same issue, just started happening for me after an intake swap... as far as I can tell... our problems are with the IAT tables or something like that in the tune (not sure how thats possible with me having a stock tune.. but yea).
Oops, I also forgot to mention that I had cleared out some codes before with a Predator hand held a few minutes before hand.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by xephona
you have a leak, something isn't tightened or put on correctly...or you have bad gaskets.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by m6speed
you have a leak, something isn't tightened or put on correctly...or you have bad gaskets.
Only does it when the car is rolling, the second it stops, it drops to normal. Which coincides with the idle tables for that stupid sensor on the throttle body (which was also changed in the process). No vacuum leaks anywhere as far as i can tell with some brake cleaner.