General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HATCH PROP RODS anybody have the same problem??

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem with my 95 TA.

Its not the shocks or the socket. Its what the socket is connected to.

From what I can see there's no way to access it so I'm going to try some jb weld.

Anyone else find a solution?
Old 01-26-2010, 04:27 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's amusing that you necroposted this because I noticed that driver's side mount in my Formula is broken. The one I was mentioning possibly being broken in my 95 wasn't and the squeeking was simply the rear seat.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Any ideas on repair? There is alot of force acting on that area from the hatch shocks and the weight of the hatch.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ahh, the thread I was looking for. Any updates on this from anyone? I just posted a similar thread. Did JB Weld hold? Is it supposed to move?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I found a way to fasten the ball stud without having to use epoxy which will fail again. You can simply screw self-tapping screws into the fiberglass. I got the idea from another member on here. I can post up pictures of the fix too. All of the screws are hidden by the trim piece as well. This IS a better alternative than JB weld, as someone attempted that before, and it still failed. I can see the broken and busted epoxy from the previous application.

As far as the hatch squeak, I attempted everything. I replaced the struts, I removed the jack and spare, messed with the hatch mechanism, the rubber bumpers on the hatch, etc. None of that fixed it for me. For me, the squeak was my passenger exhaust tip. I have a Borla adjustable CB and the exhaust tip on the passenger side was rubbing against a structural pinch weld, at the bottom of the compartment for the spare tire and jack. I bent this back and have absolutely no rear hatch squeak. I will post pictures up later.

Quick Reply: HATCH PROP RODS anybody have the same problem??