General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

problems with coolant

Old 11-08-2003, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gemini where you at in sterling, if you wanted I could take a look at it for ya let me know where and when.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:49 AM
Teching In

I'm at 15 mile and scheonherr. I talked to a guy at detroit speedworks and he too recommended getting a cap. I did at the dealership and so far its working. I was probably losing coolant through the waterpump and not holding pressure through the cap. Thanks for the offer ta12sec. If you want to get together sometime that would be cool. I don't know anyone around here with a new fbody, all my friends have stangs or vettes. So if you want to get a beer or what ever drop me an email. BTW nice hawk!
Old 11-12-2003, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GEMINI423
I'm at 15 mile and scheonherr. I talked to a guy at detroit speedworks and he too recommended getting a cap. I did at the dealership and so far its working. I was probably losing coolant through the waterpump and not holding pressure through the cap. Thanks for the offer ta12sec. If you want to get together sometime that would be cool. I don't know anyone around here with a new fbody, all my friends have stangs or vettes. So if you want to get a beer or what ever drop me an email. BTW nice hawk!

If you have any other problems, feel free to drop me a line, Im always willing to give to someone hand. I dont know to many people with new fbods either, But im always down for a beer or 4.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

is this fixed?

i'm having the same exact problem. just went out and got a $3.99 Stant radiator cap. keeping fingers crossed.

the SEARCH function really does work
Old 11-25-2003, 07:33 AM
Teching In

Yeah, the cap seems to be holding the pressure. I also had a slow leak with the water pump gasket. All fixed and going good so far.

Search this Thread