General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Giving the car I purchased the once over, and here is what I found. Questions inside.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009 | 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NonGoggleGuy
...good luck with the new life & car!!

Appreciate it. Indianapolis is certainly different than Los Angeles. Nice houses are a whole lot cheaper though.
Old 05-28-2009 | 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

From: Born/Raised North East, MD Lived in VA, NC, MI Back in Yorktown, Va

Just to add reassurance yes thats a remote trans cooler. i had to run one when someone stole my rad. and i had a M6 rad layin around. good luck on getting it fixed. car looks safe to drive just be careful with it. and luckily its just a bunch of little minor stuff.
Old 05-28-2009 | 03:56 PM
Banned

Hey man, like I said earlier, before pulling the pan down tighten all the pan bolts first and clean it up. That might take care of it. A bad rear main seal doen't put oil forward of the oil filter all over everything, so its probably not it. But then again, that could ALSO be bad along with whatever esle is leaking around the engine. And I didn't mean the car was going to explode if you drive it that way, but that sway bar has one last bolt holding it and its hanging down as is. You don't want that last bolt to come out and have that sway bar snag something and rip off the car. Then you'll have some repairs to do. Fix it right.
Look up in front of the condensor and you should see the aftermarket tranny cooler that was installed. Unless they put it inbetween the condensor and radiator, which would be pretty strange.
Old 05-28-2009 | 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

As for your battery hold down, there is an aftermarket alternative to the stupid little block:

http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/f...G&hid=G14AM907

Some people will tell you to just take the sway bar off, I don't want to start an argument about that in this thread but in my opinion this is a bad move and very unsafe. And if it is just hanging on, don't drive the car until you get it fixed, as was stated already it could snag on something and do some damage.
Old 05-28-2009 | 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the link.

The car has been up on jack stands since purchase. It also hasn't been registered yet, so driving hasn't been an issue. I wanted to iron out all of the kinks first.

I'll also be getting it tuned in the near future.