General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Pennzoil synthetic oil?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 03:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil ?

What do you guys think of penzoil synthetic oil. I was wondering because it will be cheaper for me to use that now, because I just got a job at jiffy lube. I this oil nearly as good as mobil 1.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't seen too many oil analysis reports on Pennzoil's synthetic actually, so it's hard to say for sure how it will perform. It does use a group 3 base oil though, which is hydrocracked petroleum, so technically speaking it's not a true synthetic, but this doesn't mean it's bad, just that it cannot handle long drain intervals like a true synthetic will. If you're going to change it at 6k or less though, this is not an issue.

My suggestion to you would be to run it for a couple of intervals and then do an oil analysis on it, and see how the wear numbers look.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2Xtreme
What do you guys think of penzoil synthetic oil. I was wondering because it will be cheaper for me to use that now, because I just got a job at jiffy lube. I this oil nearly as good as mobil 1.
you only use Castrol Syntec or Moboil 1 thats it, Penzoil will make your motor dirty.
I'd quit that job
Old 11-11-2003, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

I'm only 17, and I need a winter job. the pay isn't to bad either its more than most of my friends are making
Old 11-11-2003, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

word jiffy lube pays alot more than other high schooler jobs around here too