General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

94 Z28 few problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 94 Z28 few problems

Im having a few issues with my 94 z28 automatic.

1. i can turn the key to the start position to start the vehicle but if i let go of the key it falls back past the 12v and will turn off. I have to manually hold the key in 12v on after starting the car to keep it running

2. the car rolls back in forth in every gear except park (never did this before

3. the ac is not as cold as i think it should be i recently charged it myself (not with the kits from the autozone) and there was no improvement. took it to the local speedshop and the guy checked it free of charge and said it was perfect he even tryed to figure out what was wrong for a good 30 minutes (till his lunch break was over)
Old 07-14-2009, 07:11 PM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

key issue sounds like the switch itself is bad, not a big deal....

the trans rolling while in gear (I'm assuming with the key off) is normal, it's an auto so there really isn't a true mechanical connection from the engine to the rear tires aside from a few fiber clutches. Since an auto is mostly a fluid connection, and the pump isn't spinning to provide said fluid while the key is off, there is no way to hold it from moving.

The a/c should be about 40* cooler than the abient temp outside. Take a meat thermometer and stick it in in one of the vents with the a/c cranked, on MAX A/C and see what it says.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by duh
key issue sounds like the switch itself is bad, not a big deal....

the trans rolling while in gear (I'm assuming with the key off) is normal, it's an auto so there really isn't a true mechanical connection from the engine to the rear tires aside from a few fiber clutches. Since an auto is mostly a fluid connection, and the pump isn't spinning to provide said fluid while the key is off, there is no way to hold it from moving.

The a/c should be about 40* cooler than the abient temp outside. Take a meat thermometer and stick it in in one of the vents with the a/c cranked, on MAX A/C and see what it says.
Ill have to jump in the book and find the switch location