General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

AC Delco battery warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default AC Delco battery warranty

Anyone have experience with replacing their AC Delco battery under warranty?

Mine's dead, I brought it into a service center, new one is $110. After taking into consideration mine died 44 months into a 72 month warranty, the battery will cost $93.

The way I read it, the warranty is prorated over the life of the warranty (after the 1st 2 years).

The $17 discount doesn't sound right to me, according to my math it should be more, so I wanted to see if someone has any experience with this.

Thanks.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:39 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

I've replaced under warranty before. (I had a bad sealed battery and the new Delco came as an open unit, which I prefer.)

I think you have it correct. My replacement was pro-rated over the life of the battery and the discount was significant.

You may check to make sure that the costs you were quoted don't include a core charge, or something like that.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wssix99
I've replaced under warranty before. (I had a bad sealed battery and the new Delco came as an open unit, which I prefer.)

I think you have it correct. My replacement was pro-rated over the life of the battery and the discount was significant.

You may check to make sure that the costs you were quoted don't include a core charge, or something like that.
Thanks, good point about the core charge, crossed my mind as well.

My math goes like this 28 (months left on warranty) * $110/72 (prorated cost per month) = $42.84.

So if there is a core charge of $25, that would make sense.

I'll find out today, I don't see why I would have to pay that.

Quick Reply: AC Delco battery warranty