General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

The New Seafoam??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009 | 04:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hawk777th
Can you just pull off your maf and spray it in TB? Or how do you duct it in most cars wont run with out the maf connected. Is it safe to spray through maf? Just bought some and wonderd whats the best way to spray it in. I saw someone pull off that bottom tube on the intake manifold do u just pull and it comes off?
The sensors are on the front side of the MAF, nothing is on the back side. You can leave the MAF on if you want to and just spray the hell out of it through the front. Spray the entire mesh honeycomb screen and the sensors inside the MAF. You'll see them, they're like little hairs. Don't touch them with anything.

Best way, take the MAF off and spray both sides. Let it air dry and you're done.

Lift the lid as well and spray the hell out of the IAT sensor that mounted in the lid. That thing gets very dirty too.

Old 08-15-2009 | 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Well I ran a bottle through car runs a ton better. It was odd when I first started I could barely spray for a second and engine would bog but after the first couple mins I was able to spray a little more and a little more until bout the last half of the can I was able to just about spray nonstop. Im guessing my maf was dirty or somthing.
Old 08-15-2009 | 08:22 PM
Banned

Well I ran a bottle through car runs a ton better. It was odd when I first started I could barely spray for a second and engine would bog but after the first couple mins I was able to spray a little more and a little more until bout the last half of the can I was able to just about spray nonstop. Im guessing my maf was dirty or somthing.
Dude, you're not supposed to do it with the engine running. Thats ok though I guess. As you were spraying the MAF you were totally wigging the sensors out, thats why the engine was bogging down.

Thats why I said the best way is to take the MAF off the engine to clean it. Spray it and let it dry. I also mentioned lifting the lid and spraying the IAT, which you shouldn't do with the engine running.

BUT....either way, you definitely cleaned your MAF. If its running better maybe you solved the problem.

Old 08-15-2009 | 08:27 PM
On The Tree

OH lol damn Ill have to go get another can then lol. Guess I figured it was with engine running due to some people talking about vapor locking. My Iat is in a standalone KN airfilter I no longer have box on car. Also if the engines not running it wouldnt get in all the cylinders. Maybe Ill do it again with out the motor running...I just did an oil change should I so another due to running the stuff?

Last edited by Hawk777th; 08-15-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-15-2009 | 10:05 PM
Banned

OH lol damn Ill have to go get another can then lol. Guess I figured it was with engine running due to some people talking about vapor locking. My Iat is in a standalone KN airfilter I no longer have box on car. Also if the engines not running it wouldnt get in all the cylinders. Maybe Ill do it again with out the motor running...I just did an oil change should I so another due to running the stuff?
Wait a second.

Are you saying you sprayed a can of MAF cleaner in the engine through the MAF....or a can of MCCC?

I hope it wasn't a can of MCCC.

Old 08-16-2009 | 12:27 AM
On The Tree

Unfortunaly a can of MCCC. Cars running fine. Maybe I got lucky.

Last edited by Hawk777th; 08-16-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 08-16-2009 | 01:08 AM
Banned

Unfortunaly a can of MCCC. Cars running fine. Maybe I got lucky.
Yeah, nothing got hurt. Clean the MAF with engine off if you ever do that though.

MCCC is so simple to use. Pull off the PCV hose and hook up a piece of 3/8" heater hose, spray it in while the engine is already hot and idling. Shut the engine off right BEFORE the can runs out. Put the PCV hose back on and wait 1 hour.

Thats it.

Attached Thumbnails The New Seafoam??-dsc01829.jpg  
Old 08-16-2009 | 01:15 AM
11 Second Club

I'm gonna try and pick some of this stuff up. I just googled it and found this..

http://www.turbomopar.com/neon/mccc/
What happened was that the instructions are apparently designed for a car that doesn't have an intake with a plenum that is below the intake runners like it is on the Neon. By spraying it in with the engine at such a low RPM, the chemical had puddled in the bottom of the plenum. This allowed it to idle fine since air could still get in the runners at a low engine speed. When I revved it a little, the suction from the motor was enough to inhale a large amount of the chemical, which killed the motor.
I guess it's good for us, just be careful if you use it on your daily driver or something.

Does anybody have the part number for the MCCC in case they try and hide it from me at the shop?

Last edited by 98 WS6; 08-16-2009 at 01:20 AM.