General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Hi beam problems / passenger side cup holder / Noisy Pro 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hi beam problems / passenger side cup holder / Noisy Pro 5.0

For starters, I have to put my left blinker on in order for my hi beams to turn on. This is hard to explain but when I pull back on my brights lever (whatever its called) it wont stay, my brights will come on only if I hold the lever back, it wont actually click in. If i turn my left blinker on and pull back it will stay on then I have to just shut off my blinker. Weird, its like it is out of alignment with something.

Other question, how hard is it to replace my passenger side cup holder? The one that swings out from the center counsel. My clumsy buddy fell into my passenger seat and it broke off.

I have a pro 5.0 shifter in my car, and its a bit noisy under acceleration. I have a energy suspension (prothane) trans mount, I have heard they tend to make the shifter noisy. Can I put a better gasket under the shifter??

Thanks!!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dunno bout ur other problems but the pass. cup holder is easy if you pull the entire center console and flip it upside down and just unscrew the old one and screw in the new one. if you are like me and dont take the console out and just unbolt it and pick it up its a big pain but i believe it did save a lil time as to taking the whole console out. the screw is spring loaded and thats what makes it hard