General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil leak

I have an oil leak and can only see that the bottom of my pan, and tranny pan are coated with oil and surrounding areas, its not a steady drip but I am guessing a gasket from the timing chain cover. How do you replace that I guess is my problem. We are taking off the intake/heads this week and all AC components so since we are doing that might as well replace the Timing cover gasket. I dont think its the pan because there is oil above the pan, and if its the heads then i am replacing them and the head gasket already. Could it come from anywhere else. Thanks for all help
Old 08-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in the process of replacing tons of gaskets on my car one of which is the timing cover gasket. From what I read you should replace the oil pan gasket with the timing cover gasket because the two meet together on the front of the engine I did this anyways because of an oil leak. If you choose not to do the oil pan gasket all you need to do is remove the water pump and crank pulley then there are 10mm bolts holding the cover on.