General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

I cant open my hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 01:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I cant open my hood

Hey, my hood latch seems to be loose. When i pull on the lever to pop the hood up, i can hear it, but i go to open the hood and it wont open. Any idea how i can fix this? Especially since i cant get the hood open? Thanks
Old 08-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

prolly bad shocks under hood, so it aint gettin pushed up from release, or it is gettin caught some how cuz my older Trans Am,89, has that problem, an i had to hit the top of it ALOT an pretty hard for it t open
Old 08-23-2009, 01:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ahhh! i have to hit my hood? Like hard enough to dent it? Im assuming hit it with a hand and not a hemmer or anything right?
Old 08-23-2009, 02:51 AM
Teching In

ya just hand, but not sure an dont want u to dent ure hood, my 89 has only 3 dents in it XD 2 on the hood an 1 on the side, but its been driven into a ditch lol, give it like 3-4 hits on the front of it near where the latch is after u pop it, make sure the first latch is unlocked just not popin the hood, if u have a friend, it could b just bad shock, could pop an have friend try to pull up if u have enough lip
Old 08-23-2009, 02:54 AM
Teching In

also can put ure hand over the spot an just hit ure hand to cushion the blow, cuz i am guessin u dont wanna leave an accidental dent, but once u get it up, check the shocks cuz constantly doin that WILL dent it, took a couple months to put the 2 dents in my tranny
Old 09-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

hey, once you get it open, put new shocks on it, then check it again. when open you should be able to adjust/tighten your latch. if it still doesnt work, check the rubber things on the body, they position the hood vertically for opening/closing and visual stuff. just a thought :-) my 2 cents lol