General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Hatch Rattles Over Every Little Crack ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatch Rattles Over Every Little Crack ???

is there anyway to keep you hatch from rattling when going over even the smallest of cracks?? Mine will rattle loudly and it gets very annoying enough to not want to drive it any distance. My question is there any way to keep it from rattling or has anyone else run into this problem i have been told it is a very common problem with f-bodies.

Anyone, Anything????
Old 09-01-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ericdm
is there anyway to keep you hatch from rattling when going over even the smallest of cracks?? Mine will rattle loudly and it gets very annoying enough to not want to drive it any distance. My question is there any way to keep it from rattling or has anyone else run into this problem i have been told it is a very common problem with f-bodies.

Anyone, Anything????

Stock suspension/tires. What pressure you running your tires at. I've actually never heard of this problem.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree with the above poster^
The stock shocks are the main reason these cars rattle, instead of absorbing the bumps they let the car just smack against them. And if your tires are overinflated your ride quality will really get bad (also with over sized wheels).
Also check the two rubber "screws" at the corners of the hatch itself, you can unscrew them some to make the hatch fit more flush, this may also help.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

i am missing one of the rubber screws does anyone know where i could buy these?? Also would replacing my hatch shocks help?? I have Penski fully adjustiable shocks and springs both front and rear zero body roll very very tight car!!
Old 09-02-2009, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ericdm
i am missing one of the rubber screws does anyone know where i could buy these?? Also would replacing my hatch shocks help?? I have Penski fully adjustiable shocks and springs both front and rear zero body roll very very tight car!!
Not sure where you can get one (maybe a junkyard) but I'd start with getting the rubber screw and adjusting them. Hatch shocks won't do anything.