General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Clean K&N Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight00SS
so the paper one will not cost me any hp?
Detroit made some pretty high output engines for decades that used nothing but.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight00SS
so the paper one will not cost me any hp?
As already mentioned, more flow should mean more hp. But the amounts of hp increases that can be had by simply changing to a different type of filter will be next to nothing, if anything at all.

I do believe that a K&N should give some hp, but I don't see how it can be more than like 1 hp, maybe 2 hp. I don't believe their claims of any more than that.

The errors and variations just from dyno run to dyno run with the same car on the same day with the same dyno, will vary between 1 and 10 hp each time you do a run. So if K&N does a dyno run where the gain is 6 over the last dyno run with a paper filter.....was it the filter????? I think NOT.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
As already mentioned, more flow should mean more hp. But the amounts of hp increases that can be had by simply changing to a different type of filter will be next to nothing, if anything at all.

I do believe that a K&N should give some hp, but I don't see how it can be more than like 1 hp, maybe 2 hp. I don't believe their claims of any more than that.

The errors and variations just from dyno run to dyno run with the same car on the same day with the same dyno, will vary between 1 and 10 hp each time you do a run. So if K&N does a dyno run where the gain is 6 over the last dyno run with a paper filter.....was it the filter????? I think NOT.

yea some say just to lightly oil the filter for the k&n

Quick Reply: Clean K&N Air Filter