General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Another power window motor issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009 | 10:53 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another power window motor issue

I have an issue with my LT1 T/A's power window motor. The motor used to not go up all the way and required me to guide it up. It also caused some issues with the external door skin and actually pulled it off from the door slightly (tracking issue probably).

Anyway, the car sat for a year and when I put a new battery in it I was able to start the car up and drive around no problem. The window went down and there's about 2" of window still sticking up and that is where the motor apparently died. The other motor seems fine.

So, I bought a new motor from Rockauto and now it's time to replace it. I pulled the door panel off and the speakers. I've been studying the shbox.com instructions and LS1tech search (sifted through dozens of pw motor threads) as well as Google and am stuck. The window is stuck down, I can't seem to get it back up. I tried using a pry bar from both sides and it doesn't budge. How can I get the window back up if it is stuck down?

Also, I'm a little hesitant to drill into my door since I'm not entirely sure where to drill. Also, I may have purchased the wrong part? I bought the regulator PN 10305686 and on shbox it shows GM PN 88960088. (Click the PN for pics)
Old 09-19-2009 | 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be careful, I wouldn't be prying on the window with anything to get it up! All you have to do to replace the window motor is drill the alum. rivets out and remove the motor with the window halfway down. Then replace the motor with the supplied rivets or bolt & nuts(that's your preference). If you've looked around on here there are pretty detailed instructions with pic's to guide you. Gl!

-SS