General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Drivers power window broken...kind of

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Drivers power window broken...kind of

Hello, I have an 02 camaro and have had some problems with the drivers side power window. It goes down flawlessly, however the window will only go up part of the way depending on how hot it is out side. For example; the window will go up half way and stop. Thirty seconds later it will go up another inch ext... When the window is stuck; if I press the up button it I hear a buzzing sound from under the dash. Does anyone know what parts need to be replaced? Thank you for your time.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Motor.... there are a million threads on this one. Get a new Dorman motor and call it a day.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Adam2001WS6
Motor.... there are a million threads on this one. Get a new Dorman motor and call it a day.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

I tried. Do you have a link? Just want to know what part to buy.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

This is a part you should definitely get from a local auto parts store. They will come with a lifetime warranty and will be close for when you have to replace the motor again, under warranty. If you are really an owner for life, you'll be doing this job many many many times again in the future.

You will want to go with the Dorman model. They are all new and are of a new design: https://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-b...tegory_list=:0

The Dormans claim to have better sealing, which keeps dirt/moisture out and makes them last longer. Either way, most of the other options you'll have are re-built motors, which many people have had issues with.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by wssix99
This is a part you should definitely get from a local auto parts store. They will come with a lifetime warranty and will be close for when you have to replace the motor again, under warranty. If you are really an owner for life, you'll be doing this job many many many times again in the future.

You will want to go with the Dorman model. They are all new and are of a new design: https://www.dormanproducts.com/cgi-b...tegory_list=:0

The Dormans claim to have better sealing, which keeps dirt/moisture out and makes them last longer. Either way, most of the other options you'll have are re-built motors, which many people have had issues with.
Thanks. Is the Gm replacement for $29.00 the same one that is sold at an auto parts store?
Old 10-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1owner4life
Thanks. Is the Gm replacement for $29.00 the same one that is sold at an auto parts store?
Not sure what the "GM replacement" is, but I'd say this is one of those parts where the aftermarket will perform better than the original. (Dorman vs. Delco/Siemens) The original GM part was first installed in the late 1970's and isn't performing well on our late 1990's car. I havn't run the new Dorman model in my car; (I switched to a completely different motor/regulator design.) however I have yet to hear about anyone having an issue with one. I can't say the same for the OEM motors.