General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

No oil pressure!

Old 12-10-2009, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No oil pressure!

The car slammed a curb a whiles back and the oil pan had to be replaced from being cracked as well as the k-member, put new oil and filter also, car sat for about 4 weeks not being started.

Car was started at shop today and fired up right away and idled normal, HOWEVER there was 0 oil pressure after letting it idle for about 10 seconds, it was then shut off immediately to prevent any damage. So now my question is what the heck could be doing this? I checked the oil pressure sensor and it was not that. did my stock ls1 oil pump take a ****? could a random impact from below screw it up? any help would be greatly appreciated as this cars my daily driver and I've been without it for a long time now.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

It could have put a kink in the oil pickup tube depending on how bad a hit the pan took. Or it may have knocked the pickup tube loose. However, the shop should have seen either of these when the pan was replaced.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

yeah the pan was replaced with a new one so I dont know why its doing this
Old 12-10-2009, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

found out that the oil pressure sender switch is broken. going to try testing oil pressure with an autometer gauge to see if there is pressure as the car idled normal and I did not hear any disturbing sounds

Search this Thread