General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

running like crap continues

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default running like crap continues

It's running a little lean, pinging, bad mpg and low power. The fuel trims are + up to 14 at times. However the longer I drive the less lean it runs. It's lean in open and closed loop. I have tested fuel pressure= good. Changed fuel filter, tried another mass air sensor, tps sensor, 02 sensors. I don't believe it's a vacuum leak. No loss in vacuum compared to when the fuel trims are a good - cruising. Also the car goes leaner with more throttle. Sounds like a fuel issue though the fuel pressure is good. 0 codes. I have also tried a can of seafoam it 1/2 tank of gas. Another time 1/2 of a big bottle of lucas fuel system cleaner and the lastest a couple onces of acetone. I have a drum of the solvent at my factory. Still no change. I also have a rattle under the car the comes and goes. I would thing exhaust leak but on both sides that would be rare. Any other idea's. I'm still thinking clogged injector screens.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Fuel pressure being low and clogged injector filters would be my guess. Maybe a clogged fuel pump filter.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

check for intake or exhaust leak, as car warms up the exhaust piping will expand and possibly seal the leak.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Regular

The exhaust does make a weird sound at times. I will run some seafoam and check for leaks.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Launching!

sounds like you have a small vaccum leak. I have never seen the injector screens get clogged. it is shooting out fuel... not sucking crap up, the screens are at the end of the injector.