General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Idle problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle problems

I'm really confused here guys/gals. I have read up and it seems i have a mixture of problems from what I've searched on the site.

If I park my car in Neutral with the ebrake on the car will idle fine and occasionally drop down in idle near stalling out. Rarely the car will die and need restarted.

While driving when I come to a stop sometimes the idle drops down near stalling and sometimes it will die.

The most rare issue is that it will sometimes remain just below 2k rpm when I come to a stop in traffic. If i blip the throttle the issue goes away.

I will be checking the hoses and connections. Any ideas? I have already cleaned my MAF sensor with electric parts cleaner spray.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Check the basics first for vacuum leaks or possibly a loose intake tube or anything that does not seem right. Do you have access to a scan tool? If you do check for any codes and record the long term fuel trim's and monitor o2 sensors. I have been coming across broken leaky vacuum hoses causing poor idle problems as of late. must be coincidental - lol. let us know what you come up with.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Scanned the pcm. Replaced the fuel cap with a new locking one and found that a vacuum hose was completely disconnected leading into the intake near the thermostat location on the FAST intake. Thanks! SES light is off and ready for emissions testing.