General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Hatch won't close.The opposite problem as the other "hatch won't close" thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hatch won't close.The opposite problem as the other "hatch won't close" thread.

My hatch opened earlier and now it won't lock. There is nothing blocking it from closing, it just won't lock. It is stuck in the unlocked position. When you close it and the loop on the hatch goes into the locking mechanism, it's going down and the top part that is supposed to secure it comes over, but it just won't lock.

Has anyone else had this problem? Do I just need to buy a new hatch lock? Or is there an easy fix?
Old 03-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

I'd take a screw driver and press it down in to the mechanism and simulate the loop going down. That may show you what's going on.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Launching!

Happened to me last week There is a triangular piece with the spring. Not that part but the part below that. The latch is closed without catching the loop on hatch. Push on right side of latching part pivoting it down/left. Sorry no pics. Hope this helps.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Had this happen at discount tire. Couldn't lock it. Jacked with it for a few minutes with a flathead and it just finally started working. Couldn't tell you what I did, but jacking with it sure helped!