General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

P0803 Scan code

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0803 Scan code

I got a print out from autozone showing that I am having this problem. The skip shift eliminator I assume was already done, because when I bought the car, it's never forced me to select certain gears, which I believe is what that does, to force 1-3 or 1-4 to save fuel mileage.

Anyways I don't really understand what this problem is or how to fix it. What is the part that needs replaced, where is it located? Is this just electrical?

Last edited by liquidsmooth; 03-19-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm... I would say to look under there, and make sure the eliminator (or resistor) is still plugged in.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is it plugged in at? I am the 2nd owner of the car and the guy kim wong (werid right) that owned it before me did that work. I did google it but it was alot of foreign cars and problems. From what i've read it can be like 5-10 different things depending on the vehicle. That's why I wanted more information about how this error code pertains to our cars, and what the possible problems might be. Thanks for the feedback, but where does it plug in at?
Old 03-19-2010, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, you would probably have more luck in the General Maintenance and Repairs sections.

As for where it plugs in at, there is a solenoid on the driver's side of the transmission, with a harness plugged into it. If you have the actual skip shift elminator, it will look like there is an extension coming out of the solenoid into another harness. If the mod was done with a resistor, there will be a cheap little resistor in there, that might be covered in electrical tape.

Thats how it is if my memory serves me right. If you have any questions, there is a write up at http://www.installuniversity.com that has pictures that would help you locate the skip shift solenoid.

Someone please correct me if any of that information was wrong. It's been a few years since I installed my eliminator.

Quick Reply: P0803 Scan code