General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Something's moving around inside drivers door

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 02:11 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Something's moving around inside drivers door

As the title says, if I swing it open or close it with alittle force, there's something loose inside banging around.

Anyone else have this problem? my window functions normally and so does everything else, and no scratches on my window either.

Should I just leave it alone? sorta annoying but if it's not hurting anything ill just leave it, how hard would it be to take off the door panel and check? even with that off, Im wondering if you could even see it, only had the car 2-3 months so I'm learning.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:58 AM
12 Second Club

http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html

On the above link, there are great instructions and pictures on how to remove the door panel. Take it slow and carefull, and you should be fine. It's not hard, but you don't want to force anything. Take a look around for loose rivets/bolts, try to jiggle things and post back with what you find.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

There is a rubber bumper that the window rests on in the down position. It slides in to a slot in the bottom of the door and can wiggle out of place and move around the door. You should be able to take out the door speaker, and then put the bumper back in place.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
There is a rubber bumper that the window rests on in the down position. It slides in to a slot in the bottom of the door and can wiggle out of place and move around the door. You should be able to take out the door speaker, and then put the bumper back in place.
FYI, You can tell if it's in place by looking underneath the door towards the front for the rubber nub sticking through.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Alright thanks, the noise is coming from the opposite side of the speaker tho, near where it latches, at the bottom, at least it sounds like it. Sounds pretty heavy too.

I'll check it out tho.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by mischief
Alright thanks, the noise is coming from the opposite side of the speaker tho, near where it latches, at the bottom, at least it sounds like it. Sounds pretty heavy too.

I'll check it out tho.
Yea, as you open and close the door, anything loose will migrate towards the rear.