General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car Making Weird Noise When Turning! Need Help ASAP Traveling 1500 Miles Very Soon!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car Making Weird Noise When Turning! Need Help ASAP Traveling 1500 Miles Very Soon!

OK well for the past few weeks I have been hearing a weird noise when turning my stering wheel to the right for the main part. I do hear it as well when I turn it left as well but just not as loud. The sound it makes sounds like a woot woot woot woot (sorry its hard to explain) kind of sound like rubber rubbing rubber (and its kinda a loud noise). I only hear it when I am going slow, but when I am going above 15 its hard to hear over my exhaust and engine anyways.

I do have new tires on the car the car some cheap Nexen ones 275/40/17. Not sure if it's just the tires im hearing when going slow. I just got my right my CV Boots and axles replaced this weekend (had a tear in the boot, and all the grease leaked out) and I put new Differential fluid in (Valvoline Synthetic 75w-90 with GM Friction Additive). Now I was told at first it was probably the differential but I drove it for 200 miles so far and it still makes the noise. So I hope this isn't another serious problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Car is a 2002 Z06 Corvette.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:31 AM
Banned

Bump!! Anyone?
Old 06-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Banned

Ttt!!!!