General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car died at stop light !

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Car died at stop light !

i have recently installed longtube headers + xpipe , deleted rear o2s.
got a bolt on tune . now i have following problems. iti s 2002 ws6 a4.

1. car sometimes dont start when i turn the key , after 2-3 tries it do start but have really high rpms on idle , and then the SES light pops up. light keep goin away but it comes back as soon as car wont start in first attempt.

2. the temperature gauge is also actin up . sometimes it jus stays all the way on left .then while driving it will start goin up and down and then the RPMs will start goin up n droping too . and then the car completely dies .

Wut u guys think is goin on .. i am really afraid to go on freeway cos of this problem like its gonna die on me .

any suggestions ? thanx in advance for help .
Old 06-17-2010, 08:42 PM
12 Second Club

With the gauges acting the way they are and the rpm issue, I would check your connection at the battery first. Make sure they are tight and do not have any corrosion. Also you may check your grounds in the engine bay. There is one on the back of the d. side head, and one on the d side frame rail below the abs module. I am sure there are some more but cannot think of where they are at right now. Maybe someone else can chime in also.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Question

car died at stop light again. right b4 it happened i noted
1. temperature gauge start goin up n down like crazy.
2. rpms started goin up .
3. while try to pull over the car died n wheel got locked cos car was still in D.
4. put the car in park ,opened the hood,there was no sign of overheating .after 2-3 minutes stared the car back up .the temp gauge was in middle position and while driving it went past middle position. when i got home after i shut off the car , the fans were still on and they shut off after like 2 minutes .
i dont know wuts wrong. any suggestions