General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

passenger side floorboard pool

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default passenger side floorboard pool

well it has been raining consistantly for a couple days here in houston. now i have a pool in my passenger floor board. my car has t tops but doesnt seem to be coming from them. seems like it is coming from the kick panel by the speaker. anyone know if this is a usual problem with 02 ta ws6 or how to fix the problem besides replacing all the weatherstripping.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar problem with my car when I first bought it (in Texas, no less). It turned out to be a piece of foam insulation stuck in my A/C drain line causing the condensation to back up and pool on the carpet. I don't know that this will help you, just a suggestion!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:23 AM
12 Second Club

Remove your PCM and you will see a bunch of leaves/other crap and most likely a out of place/turn rubber boot/grommet behind it that leads to that area. If so replace/fix with silicone etc... if not it could be your AC or t-tops. This was my problem.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

thanks ill look at it here in a bit
Old 07-08-2010, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Joshiedoom
Remove your PCM and you will see a bunch of leaves/other crap and most likely a out of place/turn rubber boot/grommet behind it that leads to that area. If so replace/fix with silicone etc... if not it could be your AC or t-tops. This was my problem.
well you are right. the car has nos on it and the hose and wires for switches run through there. so it is not sealed and that is where the water is coming from. i have been wanting to remove my nos to sell the kit for a while but dont know what is involved. now is the perfect time to do it. but thanks for the info.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by drago1217
well you are right. the car has nos on it and the hose and wires for switches run through there. so it is not sealed and that is where the water is coming from. i have been wanting to remove my nos to sell the kit for a while but dont know what is involved. now is the perfect time to do it. but thanks for the info.
Good deal....