General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Surging at low RPM's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by killagt
Yes you can over fill the tranny if you jack the car on the driver side and tight the plug while the jack still on. I would do this, jack the car up, take off the plug and low the car down, see if any fluid coming out, if it still not, then jack the car up fill it a little more, then low the car down again, and if fluid came out, you know you full, then jack the car up and tight the plug. Put in some blue thread lock on the fill and drain plug too. its time consummer, but atleast you dont have to do it so often.

Autozone fuel filter is like 10 buck, and its made by champion that made all the good filter ( mobil 1, K&N ....), Im pick it up today too. keep update I love to heard how everything go, I like maintenance the car too.
I gotta NAPA fuel filter. I prolly got about 4qts to 4.25qts in the transmission. I started on the front passenger side spark plug and I am stuck. Feels like its welded in there. Gotta get this side done, so I can do the PCV. I am going to do the rear end gear and fuel filter over at my dads shop. Ready to see how the car runs with all this stuff I am replacing.

UPDATE: so I got all the plugs changed except for the very back passenger side. I can't get the plug boot off. I guess I am gonna have to move the coil packs or something. ANyways, new fluid in trans doesn't really feel much better than the old fluid did. Still gotta do PCV and fuel filter. The 7 new plugs seem to have given me more low end power. IDK feels that way to me. I am sure I need some suspension stuff, cause it feels like my car is gonna fly away at 110-115. Thought it was gonna lift off the ground for a split sec. lmfao

ANOTHER UPDATE:OK so I got my codes ran today. It said P0131, bank 1 side 1. Surged all the way home.

Last edited by LS1WS6dreamer; 07-15-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: OK so the SES light comes back on today. Didn't come on yesterday, but I only took it for a short spin.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where is the best place to get 02 sensors at?
Old 07-15-2010, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need get that old plug out, I would not recomment running 7 plug new with 1 old. Try rockauto for o2 sensor, using only ac delco brand.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by killagt
You need get that old plug out, I would not recomment running 7 plug new with 1 old. Try rockauto for o2 sensor, using only ac delco brand.
Gonna do the plug and fuel filter on Saturday. It won't get drove 2mrw. Should I replace both sensors at once? Could anything else be making that code come up? I am prolly gonna end up with some BWD's from O"reilly, b/c I have to buy a clutch and coil for my A/C. Stuff is starting to add up..

When I replace the O2 sensors, do I need to reset my battery or anything to that nature. Any pointers on doing it?

Last edited by LS1WS6dreamer; 07-15-2010 at 05:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Surging at low RPM's?