General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/C Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Problem

Having a problem with my 2000 T/A A4 air condition. My A/C is not blowing any air through the front vent on the dash. The A/C turns on cause i can hear the compressor going but the only air thats blowing comes from underneath the dash by the gas pedal. Is there something like a hose or line that may have come unlpugged thats causing the air not to flow.

Help Please
Old 07-31-2010, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

the vents turn from top, middle and bottom using vacuum. i believe that line is the one that slips onto the nipple at the very back of the intake on the pass. side underneath the MAP sensor. There are a couple of other hoses and fitting around the firewall on the pass side(around the ECM) that I'm sure are vacuum lines and might could contribute to this. I think I have heard of people having the same issues and that tubing came off on the back of the intake. get back and let us know what you find. Good luck
Old 07-31-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

had the same problem on my cousins z28...he ended up selling it b/c he was too lazy to fix it...
Old 07-31-2010, 10:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Texhotrod593
the vents turn from top, middle and bottom using vacuum. i believe that line is the one that slips onto the nipple at the very back of the intake on the pass. side underneath the MAP sensor. There are a couple of other hoses and fitting around the firewall on the pass side(around the ECM) that I'm sure are vacuum lines and might could contribute to this. I think I have heard of people having the same issues and that tubing came off on the back of the intake. get back and let us know what you find. Good luck
Is this something that i can fix myself that does not require any special tools or lifts. Or should a qualified mechanic fix this??
Old 07-31-2010, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

Yup, vacuum leak. Texhotrod pegged it.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

nah, i think you can fix it yourself. Just run your hand in the back of the intake and see if you feel a loose hose or a empty barb sticking out horizontal from the intake toward the pass side. im gonna find a pic of an intake for you and outline it. that should help you a ton better than words
Old 07-31-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

the above pic shows the barb fitting the vacuum line that controls your vents hooks up to. slide your hand and feel for this fitting and see if the tubing is off or cracked
Attached Thumbnails A/C Problem-ls6intake1.jpg  
Old 08-01-2010, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Texhotrod593
the above pic shows the barb fitting the vacuum line that controls your vents hooks up to. slide your hand and feel for this fitting and see if the tubing is off or cracked
Thanks The pic helped me out lots