General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Radiator draincock issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Radiator draincock issue

Replaced the radiator in my 98 Z28 with a like new radiator off of my old 94 TA. Filled it with coolant/water started the car, no leaks. Now today when I go in the garage I see coolant on the floor. I take a look under the car and see it leaking from the drain **** area. I removed the drain plug and replaced with the one off the old LS1 radiator I am replacing. It's still leaking, it doesn't leak from the plug but from the nipple where the coolant comes out when you open the plug.

Has anyone ran into this problem before? Any ideas what I can do to stop the slow leak.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
Replaced the radiator in my 98 Z28 with a like new radiator off of my old 94 TA. Filled it with coolant/water started the car, no leaks. Now today when I go in the garage I see coolant on the floor. I take a look under the car and see it leaking from the drain **** area. I removed the drain plug and replaced with the one off the old LS1 radiator I am replacing. It's still leaking, it doesn't leak from the plug but from the nipple where the coolant comes out when you open the plug.

Has anyone ran into this problem before? Any ideas what I can do to stop the slow leak.
sorry to pull up this old thread but ran into the EXACT same problem today except i was doing a t-stat swap. im trying to figure out how to fix it also, but for now i have a "vacuum cap" on it w/ a ziptie around it so it stops the leaking.