General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

OEM WS6 hood install issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 09:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy OEM WS6 hood install issues

Hey guys, just spent the last few hours getting a OEM WS6 hood on my '01 T/A. Lost a bolt and a nut, had to store hop a bit to find replacements. Only have 2 major problems, one of which is causing a sort of sub-problem.

The first easy one is that the 2 hood grills I bought from WS6Store, the screws that came with them will not thread into the holes in the hood nostrils. Is this a common problem? Did they by chance send me the wrong screws? The screws just spin in place, and the grills won't secure.

The second, and bigger problem is that I can't seem to allign the hood right, and because the hood is too far foward a bit on the driver side so the safety release latch sits too far foward. This causes it to not really latch into place when the hood is closed, so it doesnt let that side sit down all the way, slightly warping the hood. It also sits over the front of the car, so when I close it, it slams passed the fiberglass front bumper piece of the front nostril, and when I pop the hood, the latch piece gets stuck under it, and I have to pull it out from under to let it up... I tried loosening the bolts that connect that side of the hood to the guide on the car and it doesn't really move much... Any insight on how to easily adjust the hood so that the driver side of it will move more to the back of the car just a little?

* I'll try and get a few pics of the hood latch problem, and post them in a bit...
Old 08-24-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you SURE its an OEM hood? Sounds like its an aftermarket replacement. The one on my girlfriends T/A fits like poop because its not OEM.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, came off a '00 Formula WS6, real deal OEM.

I bought a larger size screw and the grills still won't thread into the holes in the hood... Is it just supposed to go from the grill holes into the holes in the tabs on the hood or should there be something else as well? I see two sets of horizontal lines on each hole on the hood as though there was also another piece or something there... I called ws6store and they said the screws should just thread right in...

I took the safety release off so it wouldn't mess up the front, but I'm sure it can be adjusted to work right. I'm just not good at this sort of thing, and after playing around with it a bit, it's not really clicking into my head how to allign it right.

On top of the hood trouble, I'm now throwing P0113 SES and engine is running rich, can't figure it out, everything looks plugged in and fine... Meh

Quick Reply: OEM WS6 hood install issues