General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

More Opti Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation More Opti Problems

Well I bought a new optispark, put it in and now I have no spark. I took it off, turned the ignition on and manually turned the opti and got allot of spark. Its not acdelco but why should that matter because its new but if enough people tell me that’s the problem then I will buy acdelco. I just don't like them because they crack easy and if they were so good the wouldn't break so much.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by speedster91s

Well I bought a new optispark, put it in and now I have no spark. I took it off, turned the ignition on and manually turned the opti and got allot of spark. Its not acdelco but why should that matter because its new but if enough people tell me that’s the problem then I will buy acdelco. I just don't like them because they crack easy and if they were so good the wouldn't break so much.
Wiring harness is a common issue. Give it a couple looks. Also a bigger list of symptoms and issues will help diagnose it as an install or parts issue.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:54 AM

Thank you for the help but i have found the problem. The optispark has a short in it so when it touches the block it just stops working. I already got a new one and it works fine.